Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sushi

sushi with tuna mayonnaise


I learnt how to do sushi because in my kampung town in France cannot find any sushi restaurant.  I made the easy one. In the supermarket they sell the sushi kit, I did not buy them cos this is for rolling the sushi and too much work for a lazy cook!  Firstly, have to cook the sushi rice and I follow the instructions on the packet, make sure it is rice for sushi.

Ingredients :
300 gm sushi rice
40 cl water
4 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Rince the rice and put them in the rice cooker with 40 cl water.  Cook the rice. While the rice is cooking, in a casserole, dilute the sugar and salt in the vinegar and set aside to cool.  Once the rice is cooked, remove from the rice cooker and add the vinegar solution.

Sushi Rice
 Cut the seaweed sheets along the line. Dispose the two small ends into the mouth!

Seaweed sheets
Cut seaweed sheets

Wet the palm of the hand and squeeze the rice into rectangular balls.

Rectangular rice balls
Roll the seaweed sheets around the rice balls.  Stick the end of the seaweed with water.

ready to roll
seaweed around the sushi ball
Top the sushi with whatever toppings you may like.  I top mine with tuna mayonnaise. For a can of 160 gm tuna, drain the oil and add about 2 tbsp mayonnaise. 

Err... only 4 left, hubby passed by and one was gone before I could finish taking a photo!  He too whack the tuna mayonnaise so I only manage to make 10 nos. The balance of the sushi rice was rolled into California Roll/ California Temaki.
Sometimes I top with Egg mayonnaise, crabstick, shrimps mayonnaise or smoke salmon!

No comments:

Post a Comment