Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brocolli and Bacon Frittata

Frittata is also known as omelette in English and French, in Spanish it's just tortilla, so many names so many ingredients that can be added to this egg dish.  I like mine simple and whatever I can find in my freezer and fridge would just do.  I have a lot of frozen vegetables in my freezer, when I need them I just have to de-frost them, sometimes I am so impatient that I just add some hot water to de-frost them faster.  I am doing Brocolli frittata, so I de-frost about 7 pieces frozen brocolli, de-frost in hot water and chopped them up.  I use 12 eggs, I am making 6 portions, one without bacon, one without cheese, customers are quite fussy sometimes!  Beat the eggs and add 2 white bread (in France it's called pain de mie), in Malaysia would be Gardenia or High 5.   Break the white bread into small pieces before adding to the beaten egg.  Add 2 cloves chopped garlic, salt and pepper.  In a hot pan, add a tsp of oil, cook the brocolli and bacon for about 3 minutes, then remove the brocolli and bacon into the beaten egg mix.  Then add a small amount of oil into the pan and place the brocolli, bacon, egg mix back into the pan, cook on slow fire for about  6 - 7 minutes, then remove and sprinkle some grated emmental cheese on top, then grill in the oven for about 2 - 3 minutes at 190°C.  I use 9 inch pan for this.

Spinach Bacon Frittata
My frittata, using a 6 inch pan for the big one and  a small pan for cooking an egg for the small one, the small one, one without bacon and one without cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment