Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tiramisu

I don't fancy eating raw eggs, so I was happy that I found my favourite chef's recipe without egg for tiramisu.  Yes, it's Gordon Ramsey's recipe again and it is so good and so easy!

Ingredients :
150 ml double cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
250 mascarpone
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Marsala (or brandy or Tia Maria)
200ml strong coffee or espresso, cooled to room temperature
12 boudoirs (a light, melt-in-your-mouth eggwhite-leavened sugar-dusted biscuit)
chocolate powder


Whisk the cream with icing sugar, you can use single cream but I like mine very creamy so I use double cream.  Then whisk in the mascarpone, vanilla extract and marsala.  The recipe requires that the sugar be added to the coffee with marsala, I just use strong coffee without any addition of sugar and marsala.  This is because the boudoirs are already very sweet.
Dip the boudoirs into the coffee and line the base of the ice cream cup, then spoon the tiramisu on top of the boudoirs.  Chill before serving. Sprinkle chocolate powder on top before serving. I make 4 servings.

Tiramisu side view

Tiramisu top view

No comments:

Post a Comment